Friday 14 August 2009

A Very Handy Tool!!!!


I have found this tool to be one that I use very often. If you've been following the making of grip you will notice reference to a pilot bit which I used to bore out the grip in order to remove the weight. This is a smaller version. An 8mm piece of mild steel was bored out and slotted on each side to fit over the spur on the spade bit. I chucked the 8mm bar in the lathe, filled the inside of the tube with Ultimate Gel and inserted the bit. The chuck end of the spade bit was held in a drill chuck on the tailstock of the lathe to keep it straight while the glue cured. You can make any size pilot on any sized spade bit that you will need. I have several different sizes but the most often used sizes are 16mm and 19mm. This little tool makes the job VERY EASY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment