Friday 21 August 2009

Finished Grip Assembly on CTS 9' 9WT


Today I finished off installing the grip. I decided to change the fighting butt and went with all Box Elder Burl with some trim rings to match the fore grip. I also cut down on the length of the FB to balance it up a bit more. I installed the reel, taped all the guides on and ran the line through it. This gave me the perfect placement for the seat (with this reel anyway).

Over all I'm pretty pleased with it.

Please feel free to make a comment and let me know what you think?

A blue piece of Corian for a cap to match the cobalt blue blank!!!












A shot of the finished Black Ash Burl seat and REC anodized pewter aluminium hardware.





I made a white winding check out of Corian to match the trim rings. I like making my checks as opposed to just using a plain old metal shop bought one. I usually make them out of wood but took a notion and tried something different.

You can see the radius on the winding check. I Polished it down to 6000 Micro Mesh paper.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the look of that grip, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I appreciate your feedback

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blinding work Scott. Your an artist mate! Reminds me of some of the knife handles me 'n my missus make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. You will be happy to know this rod will see some pike action here on Loch Ken in Dumfries and Galloway

    ReplyDelete