Monday 9 August 2010

Fishing Trip and Photos



Well I am back after a 10 hour flight delay in Toronto. I was supposed to leave at 7:30PM and didn't get out of there until 4:30 the next morning. I could have fished that evening bite but didn't want to think about that too much. It was great to get away. Up at 6ish every morning pour some coffee and out to the dock/boat with the fly rod. As a rodbuilder its great to get out and use the tools you have made. After all this is what its all about. I seen loads of wildlife and Ill start with that. I'll get the fishing photos sorted out and post them shortly.

Make sure to click on the photos to enlarge them then click again to zoom them in!!!

Seen a black shape in the distance while fishing and curiosity got the better of me. Ended up getting really close to this yearling moose swimming across the lake. As I got the boat beside him he really started trucking. Notice the loons in the background



Finally across
A nice 8 point Whitetail was watching us as we nosed in for a closer look. Notice his rack is still in velvet.








Caught a snapping turtle on the dock eating some fish.

He didn't want to stick around but I held him against his will for a shot. Man they are strong. I could tell he didn't like it from the hissing and jaw snapping.
More to come shortly!!!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back and hope you enjoyed your time there. I really enjoy checking your website for all the insightful ways you present our great love of rodbuilding! Keep up the good work!

    Cheers from Tennessee

    Walt (Buck) Stock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping in Walt and glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete