Wednesday 10 March 2010

Burl Wood



I've recently started taking stock of turning blocks which are stabilized. I will be putting them up on the site ASAP. Some of the species I will be stocking are Birch Burl, Maple Burl, Black Ash Burl as well as some different types of stabilized horn such as reindeer and moose. I will have bigger sizes for grips and smaller sizes for reel seats

Stabilized wood is the way to go for a grip/ reel seat application. It wont split, crack, warp and its saltwater resistant. It polishes to a high finish without the need for a "top coat" of sealer.

These blocks in the photo are some cross cut birch burl. For those of you who don't turn your own I can supply you with a custom grip or seat made to your specifications
If you have any questions or would like to obtain some of this wood contact me scott@solwaycustomcomponents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment